Friday, January 13, 2006

Good bye to Frank---

I have won a fair amount so far this month in poker....Don't seem to matter right now...

My day job is a commodity broker...Frank joined us as a client a couple years ago at the ripe young age of 90 ish...Chuck (my partner) and I faxed a quote sheet to Frank everyday for 2 years...I think he made 3 or 4 trades in all that time...I said a few months ago that I loved faxin' those prices over to Frank...I knew we would never "break-even" with him, as the phone calls and faxes cost us way more than his business brought in...In our own way, I think (and hope) we helped him stay interested in what is going on in this crazy world of ours...

He used to call everyday at 11:30 and say "well Bob, it's 11:30, you got those quotes ?"

I would say "You bet Frank, Ill fax 'em over in just a minute"

I miss Frank...........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home