Saturday, March 18, 2006

It is a strange thing about these blogs...I had all good intentions when I started this thing, but I must say---I really admire the folks that stick with it...I had presumed I would be blogging at least once every other day, and eventually become a small part of the blogging community! I think it's too damn much work for me, but we will see.

All the various blogs I read are interesting...Some are pure poker, some are more personal, and whether we want it or not, they are also a small window into one's personality...here is a small view through my window... Although I can go for weeks or months thinking and reading about nothing but poker, recently it has been a struggle to maintain any real enthusiasm. The reason ??---BOOKS ! I have been a reading machine, and it has cost me some bucks, as my concentration for the games has been lacking, and my earlier need to improve has been on the wane as well. In a strange and curious way however, I have no doubt the reading and the thought processes that accompany a curious mind will make me a better poker player down the road.

I have also become more and more interested in my "day job" , especially since my partner and I are getting closer to putting a hedge fund together. If you have to work, you may as well enjoy how you spend your day, and I have never once been bored in almost 20 years! The markets are as endlessly fascinating as the game of poker, and the parallels are amazing as well. The recent poker results are lackluster at best, as it has been a struggle to book a win at damn near any game at any site. The tide will change as it always does, and I have a buddy who is helping me look over some hands with some astute observations. I rarely disagree with his comments, but whether I do or not is not the point; it is the thinking and the analysis after the fact that I find important and enlightening. It was however, pretty humorous to hear him say I play too tight from time to time!! I am gonna quit writing this now, put the book on a shelf, and go play some damn poker! I need the bonuses, and to win a little to get back to my 6K comfort zone...Wish me luck...

Oh yeah, the calamari I cooked last night was awesome!! I used some ground macadamia nuts to make a simple butter and wine sauce...yummy....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home