Friday, March 24, 2006

As is becoming normal, it has been another long while in between updates...A myriad of reasons are easily available, but I suppose first and foremost I was getting a severe case of burnout...I was playing too many hours without really being in the mood, and consequently, I was playing a less than optimum game of poker...ahhhh bullshit, I was playing like crap...Burn out, playing poorly and running bad is indeed a lousy combination!! I pretty much took about 10 days off, and really enjoyed not playing during that time. In the last few days, I have played a little, no more than 2 games at a time, playing pretty well, and actually having a bit of fun at the same time. I even had a cash in a small SNG the other day...

The job is also taking more time, but I am not complaining as my partner and I have had a couple meetings in the last few weeks, and are getting closer and closer to a money management deal...This of course will lead to the hedge fund, and if that happens, literally the sky is the limit. If it was all about the money, I really wouldn't care, but it's a challenge, and without one, you may as well curl up and die. I suppose this yet another reason I continue to work on this crazy game of poker!! Speaking of work, it has been pretty hectic lately as my partner and his wife are expecting their first child any minute now. There seems to be some complications so I can only hope for the best; I am sure all will turn our well, but it is a bit nerve-wracking... On a happier note, my poker buddy reviewed a few NL 100 hands and actually didn't have TOO much to say LOL...

I have short ribs braising, and fresh asparagus needs to be cooked---Gettin' hungry...That and a couple glasses of some good Australian red will do nicely...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home