Monday, December 04, 2006

Poker

I actually pulled it off and won a tournament on Sunday, which gave me the championship crown. All the guys at BTP are good players, and only a handful play all the events, but a win is a win, and I will gladly take it. I think we played a total of ten different events, ranging from Razz to PLO, HORSE, etc etc. So once and for all-here is the brag line!

2006 BTP WCOOP Champion

It was pretty cool as a bunch of guys congratulated me, and actually got a couple E mails.

I am still slacking on putting in the hours, but I have to get to the FT bonus before time runs out---I think I have 2 more weeks before it goes "pfffft". I did lose 200 in the 8/16 Razz game the other night, but I must say it was nice getting my money in with the best of it about 99% of the time.

Stuff

When I was a kid, I used to listen to Dodger baseball on the radio. Normally, the only time I would listen was when it was getting late, and we were supposed to be asleep; I guess I was around 12 years old or so. I had an old Philco short wave radio that my Grandpa had given me, and it had this wire for an antennae that if I connected it just right on my metal bed frame I could hear the game. With that unmistakable voice, I can hear it like it was yesterday... Vin Scully calling the play by play..."Sandy Koufax with ANOTHER strike out"....

I was never much of a baseball card collector, and I have never asked for an autograph in my life. I am certainly not a huge baseball fan these days and rarely watch sports at all, which makes it a little difficult to explain why I was so touched by reading this. Awesome stuff from a class act and a good guy. Thank you Don...

As I was posting this, I had was boiling some pasta for dinner. Writing anything always takes me longer than expected, so this pasta was NOT "al dente", more like mush! Yuck, but I ate it anyway. I am only a part-time food snob, and I was hungry!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home