Monday, August 28, 2006

An update while the chicken marinates in vinegar, garlic and ginger...

Poker and Life

All in all, this has not been the greatest month I have ever had. It didn't help that I had a little foray into the 400NL at the beginning of the month where I promptly got stacked after flopping the nut straight, getting it all in against 2 pr...Sigh, love that river! I also lost with an an underfull in the 200NL, so I have been trying to get back close to even in the 100NL as I try to BW my ass off.

This last weekend was a good look at futility as well...I feel like I played pretty well, but was just seriously card dead, as I was lucky to be around 12% VIP...God, does that ever get boring! To top it off, I was at Interpoker trying clear off a 100 bonus, and I had a couple tough players I know at the same damn table. I don't think they knew who I was, but I knew their names...We didn't tangle even once.

Then we have the business stuff, which has slowed down and becoming worrisome. I am sure we can pull out of it, but I cannot ignore that reality.

Then, I make my weekly trip to town for supplies, and the normally reliable truck decides to quit on me. Luckily, I had a # to call, and managed to get a ride home. So that will be a few bucks (probably the starter) down the drain.

I guess I am "runnin' bad", but it could be a hell of a lot worse...Things always turn around, and I do look forward to that!!

Sports

One word- Tiger He is just friggin' amazing. FOUR in a row, and he wasn't even playing his best. Truly remarkable!

News

I saw this beauty yesterday...

Why don't we just have an old fashioned "I'm sorry" and a group hug...


BEIRUT, Lebanon - Hezbollah leader Sheik Hassan Nasrallah said in a TV interview aired Sunday that he would not have ordered the capture of two Israeli soldiers if he had known it would lead to such a war.
Guerrillas from the Islamic militant group killed three Israeli soldiers and seized two more in a cross-border raid July 12, which sparked 34 days of fighting that ended with a cease-fire on Aug. 14."We did not think, even 1 percent, that the capture would lead to a war at this time and of this magnitude.
Of course not, you moron, as relations between Lebanon and Israel were so great to begin with...
You ask me, if I had known on July 11 ... that the operation would lead to such a war, would I do it? I say no, absolutely not," he said in an interview with Lebanon's New TV station.

Now that is some clear, concise and logical thinking...

geez...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home