Thursday, December 28, 2006

Wow, does time fly! It's hard to believe it's Thursday already.

The Christmas holiday weekend was great fun, as I did nothing but eat and drink and play poker. I kept to myself with nary a visitor. Without sounding too much like Mr. Scrooge, it made my day when my Mom called a couple weeks ago and informed me we weren't doing anything for Christmas, and she and dad would be on a cruise. Perfect!

This gave me time to play at my leisure, and I made the most of it. I won a little at Razz, won a little at 100NL, and then... I won a 50(9) SNG, was 2nd in 20 (18) SNG and then won a 200 (9) SNG. It was a sweet run indeed, and was made more fun in that a few friends witnessed some of the party. I went back to the ring games for a day or two with mixed results, and then got slapped in the 3/6 triple draw. I was almost ready to write a bad beat post about my 300 dollar shellacking, but the next day my buddy Piers reminded me about the freerolls at Pokerstars for us old-timers.

So I played. I cashed. Fifth place for around 1500 bucks!

I was at the final table with Shirley (Pokerbabe) and said hi...I am sure she had no idea who I was, but I had sent her a congratulatory E-mail after her first big tourney score and I have been reading her blog for so long, I felt like I knew her anyway. She finished in 3rd, so way to go Shirley! I have been so lucky (healthwise) in my life, it's hard to fathom the strength that some people have. She is a tough one, and it was great to see her do well.

As long as I don't get hit by a train, this should be my very first 3K month and I couldn't be happier. For the year, I have been spinning my wheels, so now I feel like I'm over the hump and playing well. Of course having the deck hit at the right time has helped, but I think I'm making more out of those good situations.

Later all ....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home