Sunday, April 01, 2007

So...Poker went to shit...So being the genius I am, I turned to possibly the only thing known to mankind that is more frustrating than poker...

GOLF ! !

I hadn't hit a ball in years, but I knew I had to do something, as my ass was becoming way to comfortable planted in my chair. I'm not trying to pretend golf will be any exercise for me, but at least it gets my butt out of the house once in awhile.

A Brief History

I was always a decent athlete, but that was years ago, with a different lifestyle and most certainly a different body. I played a bit in my late 20's, tutored by an old guy (who's name escapes me) who was a pro years back, and played with the likes of Jimmy Demeret and others. He worked with me, but I pretty much sucked. I really wanted to get better, and worked quite hard at it, but the damn game just never clicked for me. I played with a bunch of other bartenders and had a great time, but I never really got comfortable with the game. I eventually moved away, and golf was a distant memory.

I did play a bit a few years later with a group of buddies after work. It was always a Wednesday, and I still sucked, but boy did we have fun!

Fast forward several years---
OK, several more---

As noted above, I needed badly to do something besides gaze at a computer screen 16 hours a day, so I decided to mess about with the game of golf.

Let's see how it goes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home