Monday, April 24, 2006

It was a real nice weekend....

I played awhile on Friday night on a crypto and got crushed...I need the bonus to be only down $100, but luckily I had food in the fridge! Lobster tails!! They were great, as I hadn't had lobster in ages...I played a little while after dinner, but just broke even...

It was a great Saturday morning...It was my birthday, and had a few Mimosas for breakfast, with a leftover lobster omelet...I played most all day Saturday afternoon and picked up a few bucks here and there, but nothing worth remarking about...I really felt I was playing well, as I was trying to be a little more creative. I was pretty much card dead, but I took many pots down by calling tight players in position, and re raising the usual continuation bet...Feels good to actually think and play poker, as opposed to the usual ABC stuff..I felt good doing it...

I went a little food crazy (again) and cooked up some lamb shanks for dinner, and if you folks haven't had 'em, you are really missing something...a long braise (takes about 3 hours) with meat falling off the bone, and a nice Shiraz to go with it...truly nothing better...

Lazed around after dinner, and was reading the SNG section on BTP...It seems there are a few whiners that I hadn't read before. I don't know why, but I was irritated after reading all that BS, so I jumped into a few 50$ SNGs and came in 3rd in the first one, whiffed in the second, and and and ---

PokerStars Tournament #23557395, No Limit Hold'emBuy-In: $55.00/$5.009 playersTotal Prize Pool: $495.00 Tournament started - 2006/04/23 - 01:31:28 (ET)

Dear bobby, You finished the tournament in 1st place.

A $247.50 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

If I can win, anybody can...

It was a lazy Sunday---too much good food and wine lately, so I was happy to read most all day...took a short nap...

I played a short while Sunday evening and finally finished one of my PStars bonuses---they clear slowly, but they don't go anywhere, and great for the SNG's...

Thanks to all who wished me a happy birthday the last few days, I appreciate the IM's and E mails...

It's now Monday evening, and my buddy Bri told me a few hours ago that the VIPs were worth playing some SNGs at Martins, so you know where I will be...

GL all

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home