Friday, May 12, 2006

I finally won a few hands last night...As is normal for all of us, a losing streak that lasts a little longer than is usual always causes one to question our skill and ability...That damn "long term is longer than anyone thinks" is a real pain in the ass, but also an absolute truth. It sure feels good to win...

I wouldn't give you a nickel to live in NYC (pauly) or Hollyweird (change100) but it sure would be nice to have cable access! I live out in the sticks which I enjoy, but this damn satellite pretty much sucks...It is slow as hell (slower than DSL) and susceptible to outages due to sun spots and all other kinds of bullshit. We were out for over 3 hours last night, and down this afternoon for over 2 hours as well. If I am off-line more than 30 minutes at a time, I feel like I have lost an arm...

Since I can't play poker, I was watching a movie on HBO..."Hidalgo" was a bit corny, but I enjoyed it. My favorite part was when the hero told the bad guy "nobody hurts my horse" !! Anybody who has ever had good horse could relate to that, and as an old cowboy, it made me think of all the damn good horses that have taken care of me. Those are sweet thoughts indeed, since I haven't even been on a horse in over 2 years...I miss them young ones...

I had left-overs for dinner again---that damn fridge was REALLY well stocked!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home