Sunday, June 11, 2006

Poker
I am trying to get back with the poker program, and have been a bit more successful. I have had a couple small wins recently, but more importantly, I am starting to enjoy playing again. I also have been spurred on by my friend Brian J. who, while being a real pain in the ass at times has a great poker mind, and has offered (again) to review hands for me. He isn't shy about voicing an opinion, and I have no intention of sharing his comments to the general public at this time...NOT PRETTY! I have to admit, I look at some of the hand histories with him, and I have NO IDEA what I was thinking! I really want to work on my game, so I will be primarily playing 2 games at the most, but I may play a bit more with the recent Party bonus. I was adding up all my money at the various sites, and was more than a little bummed about the totals; the next day I remembered I had almost a grand at Doyles Room. Maybe a bit more attention to detail is in order?

Is everyone else a bit burnt-out on TV poker? It seems like there is at least one show on all the time, but I just can't seem to get interested at all. Either the shows are poorly produced, the annoncers suck, or maybe I'm just tired of it. I never watch TV to speak of, so maybe that's part of it too. Of course, Howard L. is a great "color" man and does a great job. Even the "Learn from the Pros" is a half way decent show, but putting up with Chris Rose for a nugget of poker info here and there seems hardly worthwhile.

I am running out of time to win a seat at the ME, but you never know! I read today that Pauly is going solo as a reporter this year, so his reports should be better than ever. Man, is he writing extra well these days... I was hoping to get there and buy him drinks, but oh well... I wish they had more satellites for the smaller events, as I think they would draw very well. It might even spread out the money a little, instead of having everything at the ME.

In other news----

I was heartbroken to see Barbaro break down awhile back...I hope he makes it. I couldn't help but think of the best race horse I ever saw in my life; if you like the ponies, and never saw Ruffian race, you missed a special treat. I guess I'm getting a little older, and have met a few racing fans who were unaware, but that filly NEVER lost a race until she broke down against Foolish Pleasure in a highly touted match race. She not only never lost, she was NEVER behind at ANY call!! It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about her.

In happier news, Al-Zarqawi was alive when they found him; one can only hope he was in immense pain as he lay dying...

Book review---

The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom

Albom is an average writer, who excels in sentimental fluff...I appreciate any writer for what they do well, even if I don't read much of it. This book is no different except for having heaven in the title---which damn near guarantees a best-seller! The final analysis---every word was forgotten the minute I put the book back on the shelf.

Dinner---

Korean style short ribs tonight...looks like a great recipe!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home