Saturday, May 20, 2006

tripjax said so, so here goes!

1. What is the biggest mistake people make at a NL table?
at the lower limts (10,25,50)-too many hands...at the 100 and 200 games, bet sizes

2. What is the biggest mistake people make at a Limit table?
Playing crap OOP...Throw that KJ away!

3. Why do you play poker?
Not sure anymore--It used to be relaxing, and money was sure a good part of it as well. I will have to think on that one for a bit...

4. If you weren't playing poker, what would you be doing?
Reading

5. What is your favorite poker book and why?
The original Super System was WAY ahead of it's time...I haven't read much new stuff, but that should change soon.

6. Who is your favorite poker player and why?
Doyle is always # 1 with me...Any of the older guys who have been around the block a few times.

7. Which poker player do you dislike the most and why?
Anyone who screams or acts like an ass--Mattias Anderson is at the top of that list

8. Do your coworkers know about your blog?
No

9. What is the most you have won in a cash game or MTT (both live and online)?
2500

10. What is the most you have lost in a cash game or in one day total (both live and online)?
1200

11. Who was your first poker blog read?
I think it was Linda http://table-tango.pokerworks.com/

12. What satisfies you more, your aces holding up for a big pot or a bluff working for a big pot?
bluffing is more satisfying When AA holds up, it is just a relief

13. Why do you blog?
Not 100% sure...I like to write at times, and I would like to be a better writer, so you have to practice! There is also the idea of being more involved in the blogger community, which is a crazily diverse group with some really good writers.

14. Do you read blogs from an RSS reader like bloglines or do you visit each blog?
I visit each

15. Would you rather play poker for a living than do what you currently do for a living?
I have been playing poker for almost 30 years, and have often entertained the idea of being full time pro. I think I have too steady of a personality for a full time gig, as the normal swings would get to me over time. I do look to play bigger as the BR grows and my skills improve, but I am quite sure I will always have at least a part-time job.

16. Do you wear a tin foil hat on occasion?
Never

17. If you had to pin it down to one specific trait, what does a great poker player have (or do) that separates them from an average player?
I have always disliked this question, but I would have to say "heart"...

18. Is Drizz the coolest person on the planet for naming his baby Vegas?
No

19. What is your primary poker goal and are you close to accomplishing it?
I am in a state of flux here as question 3 shows. Is poker mastery equal to self-mastery? Do I want to know myself that well? Hmmm A colder answer would be to make 35 to 50K a year having a monster BR and never having to worry about going broke. My tournament game is pretty good, so winning a big event is always in the back of one's mind. And no, I am not close to the goal but making progress.

20. What is your primary online site and why?
I do quite a bit of bonus chasing, so I have 20+ sites on my desktop. If you took all but one away, Pokerstars stays.

21. What site do you dislike and why?
All primas suck...I have yet to figure out how to raise properly, the boxes are all too small...I really dislike the layout.

1 Comments:

Blogger TripJax said...

thanks for delving into this one...good stuff...

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home