Friday, July 21, 2006

My Poker

The poker has been pretty ok lately, as I am at 7 PTBB/100 so far this month (100NL). I don't have all that many hands, but I have been trying to concentrate and think through hands more than I used to...Add a few of the usual bonuses, and I have no complaints.

The heat had been oppressive lately, and sucking the life and energy out of me. It has been 106 or so for days on end, and it's really starting to wear on me. Oh well, I can't move, so here I stay!! It doesn't help that the markets have been kicking our ass lately, but again, it is not too different than poker---money management is key!! We could stand to catch a break however...

Poker World

I listened to Erik Seidel on "The Circuit" recently, and it was really quite funny. He is well known for not saying much, and sure enough, they had him chatting for 20 minutes, and he never said anything worth repeating!! I also read Hellmuth's blog the other day and--this just cracked me up...He writes---"hung out with my wife and sons until 3:45 pm. We had a private celebration in honor of my birthday where we all ate ..." Who the hell talks like that? "In honor of my birthday?" I dunno, maybe it's me, but it's hilarious stuff!

A little while back, I wrote about wanting to be at the WSOP...After everything I have heard, I'm pretty damn happy not to be there!! Wow, what a poorly managed mess---I guess Harrah's has a tradition to uphold in that they absolutely don't care about anything other than today's bottom line. It is a foregone conclusion that a public corporation should try to make as much money as possible for the shareholders, but many of the decisions certainly seem to be jeopardizing future earnings in a big way. Maybe poker has grown so large, and the mystique of a bracelet is such that it all just doesn't matter. I for one will be looking forward to the WCOOP much more than the WSOP.

Funny stuff (News and sports)

Recent headlines say---
"Unpaid taxes could be Bonds' downfall" Too bad, since he was such nice guy!

and then we have---
T.O. on tough treatment: 'Why me?" LOL poor baby, I wonder why? Perhaps because you are spoiled, selfish jerk-off? If you need help in this area, see above, as I'm sure Barry can help guide you...

Oh yeah, I won another SNG last night---fun times...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home