Monday, July 17, 2006

This should have been posted July 10 or 11th...

It has been a relatively uneventful few days on the tables, but I have managed to pick up a few bucks and clear a bonus or two along the way. This will help defray some of the damage I did to myself earlier in the month! The tournaments have been good to me, but I was playing some piss poor full ring games. I have moved back down to the 100NL until I get my leaks 99% plugged. Re-reading some of the hand histories can be a painful chore...Yuck!

A few observations--- My pre flop card selection is pretty good, although a bit on the tight side, and I need to play more SC's. I think my BB and SB #s are in good shape, but I need to compare more BB numbers to be sure. I am starting to raise larger amounts a bit more PF, so this area is improving but still inconsistent. My post-flop play needs the most work (naturally), and it is slow progress indeed. I think I'm getting better here, but it may take more time than I thought. I think I will stay at the 100 games for 7 to 10K hands and see if I can get the PTBB/100 up to at least 8 before moving up again.

The above is is sure-fire proof that anyone with a little common sense and no tilt can win at the lower limits...Add a few bonuses and off we go!! I have made thousands of dollars getting bonuses and playing ABC poker, all the while assuming I knew what I was doing. Oh well, I'm happy to be on the 30 year plan! The more you learn, the more you know you don't know!!

The only part of my game I am happy about right now is the tournaments, but as confident as I am in that arena, the variance blows, and I have to be in the mood to play 'em. At least for me, it takes a different mindset; I really don't know how the full time online tourney pros do it (not to say I am in that league), but good for them.

Book Review

Secrets the Pros Won't Tell You About Winning Texas Hold'Em Poker

Lou Krieger

Since you are reading this , you already know most everything in this book. If you are new to poker, there might be someting here, but I doubt it. There may a bit more in the book for live game players, but overall, it was quite basic with little if any new material.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home