Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Poker

After playing poorly in the cash games, I took a break and went to all tournaments this last weekend. An inauspicious debut in the first two, as I was literally 'bubble boy" in both. Frustrating as hell, but I played well in both, but making a crucial all-in mistake in the second one.

The next day, I tried two small re-buys (which was a first). I have never liked re-buys much, as I was always uncertain how many times to re-buy etc. I have seen some really good online players re-buy a zillion times, and come out OK, but I never liked the idea of undefined risk. Anyway, I gave it shot, and was successful bringing it home twice. A nice little 800+ payday for the weekend-sweet!! I played another one later on, but started way too late for me. I was bushed, and tried to get a buddy to take over, but he was thrashed as well; I played on and as soon as I made the money went directly to bed.

I did the same thing the next night, signing up too late (I gotta quit that) and talked another buddy into taking over. Although O8 isn't his best game, he gave it a shot and was in the top 25. Good work man!

Books

The New Quotable Einstein by Alice Calaprice

It was OK...nothing long lasting here...He was a really smart guy, and had a bunch to say, but I won't remember any of it. I think a good biography would have been more interesting.

Food

I made something really good recently...It was Mexican-style seafood soup with just the right combination of guajillo chilies and lime...damn good!


Happy 4th everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home