Saturday, July 01, 2006

Poker

I really don't believe that beating yourself up over past mistakes...BUT, there have been so many!! Good gawd, am I playing poorly. I recently made the jump to 200NL, and have never played worse. The change in stakes have had little impact, my BR remains sound, but I have made some really bad decisions (calling station?) lately... So I vow---No more of that shit! It's hard enough to win without giving your money away!

I'm gonna go play some tournaments and get back in stroke.

I have followed the WSOP for many years, and of course it is now easier to follow than ever. If you aren't reading Pauly for his take on the poker scene, you are truly missing out. For the first time in ages, I actually feel like I should be there, and I have no idea why!

---The smaller buy in tournaments are a joke, as they make on-line structures look slow in comparison

---If I had to play 11 handed, I believe I would be on the next flight out of town

---I hate travelling

---I hate crowds

---I am increasingly agoraphobic

All that, plus I am playing poorly means it is ludicrous to even think about being in Las Vegas...Maybe next year...

On a happier and much funnier note, I ran across the most hilarious thing I have read in a long time. I read many, many blogs, but NONE have the humor and LOL value that this one does. Yes kids, it is none other than the one, the only---

Phil Hellmuth


Yes it's true---hellboy has a blog---it's really a journal of "name-dropping"... Jesus, this guy gives new definition to that term, but he writes reasonably well, and even if he isn't trying to be funny, it's a hoot!! I hope to hell Paul P is aware of it...I think he would enoy it immensely (at least for a few minutes).

News and Views

I'm really frustrated with this. If anyone thinks this so called news is really "new", please take 30 minutes out of your day and read a little and investigate. Few of us do enough of that (including me), but this bullshit with regard to the NY Times vs the Bush admin is enough to make me puke. Suffice it to say that these big money transactions have been trackable for around 20 years. Has anyone heard of "swift"?

The bottom line is this---The Bush admin needed some attention away from all their obvious failings, and the Times must have needed more subscribers. They both win by getting undeserved attention, and the American public loses once again.


Food

I was on this ridiculous diet for the last week or so---it was a silly soup and vegetable thing, but I thought it might help kick start some weight loss, as I have gained 20 pounds sittin' on my ass for the last 2 or 3 years. All in all, the diet was a joke, but it did make me realize how few fruits and vegetables I consume regularly, so it was worth it in that regard. I need to lose 30 pounds---maybe by the years end?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home